I started this blog in the summer of 2017 to review and recommend Catholic books and products that I hope will help you grow in your faith – because they’ve helped me.
What You’ll Find Here
- Conversations about faith & finance
- Issues for Catholics as consumers
- Interviews with awesome Catholic people!
- My musings about being Catholic
I also want to dive into questions like:
- How do our values as Catholics affect our purchasing decisions?
- Is it ok to have debt? How much?
- What does it mean to be a good steward of money?
Consumption is part of everyone’s lives. We have to pay for clothes, food, gas, utilities and a host of other necessities. We have to make decisions about how to pay for college or a house or a car. We want to be able to enjoy life, but we also want to save for the future and help out our neighbor. Somewhere within all of these decisions, our Catholic values come into play.
Where my blog name came from
As I was brainstorming names for the blog, I knew I wanted some alliteration. So I literally googled “money words that start with C.” I found a very long list and just played around with a few. I originally was going to go with “The Catholic Consumer,” but the domain was already taken. Turns out, I’m even happier with Consumer Catholic!